Friday, February 13, 2015

Dining Out - Sorrel

SC, my foodie friend asked me to try out Sorrel with her. It is one of the latest ventures backed by hotelier-restauranteur, Loh Lik Peng.

For dinner, there was a choice between a 5-course (S$88) or 7-course (S$118) tasting menu. Being the gluttons that are, we opted for the more extensive option. SC, even splurged on a wine pairing while I chose to be kinder to my wallet.

The chef and his team tried to present innovative ingredients and cooking methods in a deconstructed manner (as is the trend these days), but from what I remembered, nothing really stood out for me. I appreciate the effort but the truth is I have had better elsewhere. Perhaps the new restaurant still needed time to iron out its teething problems.

Snapshot of the 7-Course Tasting Menu



Sorrel
Address: 21 Boon Tat Street, Singapore 069620
Telephone: 6221 1911



No comments:

Post a Comment