Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Cafe Hopping - Assembly Coffee

The little imp requested to go to a cafe again today when we picked her up and so off we drove to Assembly Coffee. We got the Pulled Pork Burger and Smoked Salmon & Eggs to share.

Pulled Pork Burger

The Pulled Pork Burger was alright since the sweet BBQ sauce works with the slow-cooked pulled pork. It would have been nicer if the bun was freshly baked, but my guess is that they used factory baked burger buns from Gardenia or another similar brand. It was served with corn chips and a side of salad.

Smoked Salmon & Eggs

Fluffy scrambled eggs and smoked salmon slices are heaped atop a slice of thick toast that has been smeared with cream cheese. Rocket leaves with a balsamic vinegar drizzle are laid on top of everything. Pretty delish.

(From the Top) Cappuccino and Magic Tulip

I got a Magic Tulip which consists of double ristretto shots, which makes for a stronger cup of coffee than my usual cappuccino. The beautifully pulled coffee was photo-friendly and tasty to boot.

Earl Grey Caramel Waffle

We could not leave without ordering a sweet waffle for which Assembly Coffee is noted for. I picked the Earl Grey Caramel Waffle simply because I am partial to Earl Grey flavoured items. The waffle was fluffy and tasty with the earl grey caramel drizzle. I would have liked it even more if they were more generous with the caramel sauce. I also imagine that replacing the generic scoop of vanilla ice cream with Madagascar Vanilla Bean Ice Cream would elevate the dish even further. As I typed it out, I realise how pretentious the last line sounded. Ugh.

The young wait staff were all friendly and helpful. In my opinion, great service is always a plus. Since the mains were not particularly memorable or exciting, I would recommend eating elsewhere before dropping by for coffee and waffles.


Assembly Coffee
Address: 26 Evans Road Singapore 259367
Phone: 6735 5647

No comments:

Post a Comment