Friday, April 10, 2015

Dining Out - Ramen Champion

Before our play, we had wanted to dine at the World Street Food Congress located at the open field beside Bugis MRT. Upon arrival and seeing the throngs of people and long queues, we decided that we were not keen to jostle with the crowd. So we detoured to Bugis+ to grab ramen at Ramen Champion, which features six outposts of popular Japanese ramen shops.

S ordered the God Ramen from Buta God (2013 Ramen Champion) while J, VY and I  got different ramen from Tonkotsu Ikkyu (winner of Ramen Tasting Competition 2015).

God Ramen

I polished off most of the thinly sliced pork belly for S from her God Ramen, dipping it into the yolk of the poached egg. Yummy, though it left me very full by the end since I had a generous bowl of ramen of my own.

Green (Spinach Special Tonkotsu Ramen)

I enjoyed my pick, Green, which was a Tonkotsu Ramen with spinach-flavoured creamy pork broth. The thin springy noodles were complemented by sous vide pork collar chashu slices. The tasty pork bone broth was rich and filling. VY got the White (seen in the background of the image above) which was the same except that the broth was simply original pork bone broth.

J's Pick

J picked a bowl that featured the same original broth and noodles but the meat was cooked in a different method. I did not get to try it but I must say it looks pretty yummy in the photo.

Ramen Champion offers a myriad of choices for ramen lovers. The system of charging to individual tags and payment at the cashier upon exit also makes it a great venue for large group gatherings since there is no need to fret over splitting the bill.


Ramen Champion
Address: Bugis+, 201 Victoria Street #04-10 Singapore 188067
Phone: 6238 1011

No comments:

Post a Comment