Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Dining Out - Concetto by Saveur

I had been meaning to try out this place for the longest time and since J & I were going to watch a show at SOTA, it was the perfect opportunity to grab dinner here.

J chose the Pollo Allo, which was half boneless spring chicken stuffed with mushroom duxelle, served with fork mashed potato, shimeiji and cognac cream sauce.

Pollo Allo

J gave me a bite of her chicken and it was delicious. The meat was tender and flavour, with the highlight being the accompanying cognac cream sauce.

I picked the Fruitti De Mare, which was fettuccine with pink arrabiata sauce served with mussel, prawn, squid and crab meat.

Fruitti De Mare

As the restaurant had an open kitchen concept, I saw that the pasta was freshly handmade. Upon tasting my first forkful of fettuccine, I fell in love with the sauce which was rich and full of umami. I soon realised that the key to maximising my enjoyment of each forkful of fettuccine I stuff into my greedy pie hole is to pair it with a generous spoonful of the tasty sauce.

J had ordered the Dark Chocolate Tart to share for dessert. It was a deconstructed valrhona dark chocolate tart served with vanilla ice cream, candied hazelnuts and a tart citrus sauce.

Dark Chocolate Tart

The presentation was beautiful and the flavours complemented each other well. We polished off the dessert in record time.

The food tasted divine and the prices are really reasonable for the quality of food served. This is a restaurant I would gladly return to over and over again just to try out other dishes.


Concetto by Saveur
Address: 2 Handy Road #01-11 The Cathay Singapore 229233
Phone: 6735 1141

No comments:

Post a Comment