Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Dining Out - Long Chim

Before catching the musical tonight, we went for dinner at Long Chim, a concept by celebrity chef David Thomson. We were lucky enough to get a table without a prior reservation as the hostess informed me that they were fully booked up till Sunday.

Long Chim

The place served Thai food at surprisingly affordable prices for the setting. Dishes were priced between $8 - $20 mostly and this is similar to what one would pay at BaliThai outlets located in suburban malls.

To share, we ordered Chicken Larb, Papaya Salad, Grilled Chicken and Smashed Prawn Curry.

(Clockwise from Left) Papaya Salad, Grilled Chicken, Smashed Prawn Curry

The Papaya Salad was refreshing and moreish, reminding me of a similar one I had at Som Tam Nua in Bangkok.

The Grilled Chicken was tender and delicious when paired with the accompanying Thai Sweet Chilli. I especially enjoyed the charred parts of the chicken skin.

I found the Smashed Prawn Curry a little too salty on its own, but the thick gravy is tasty when drizzled over steamed jasmine rice.

Chicken Larb

The Chicken Larb was my least favourite dish out of everything we ordered. I found it to be too salty and I also could not handle the spiciness level on this one.

We ended the meal with dessert, sharing Coconut Cake and Sticky Black Rice with Pandan Noodles. Both desserts were alright, they did not wow me in any way.

All in all, I would say Long Chim is a relatively affordable option on the Paiza level of MBS and I would be keen to return to try out the one-dish noodle options.


Long Chim
Address: #02-02 Atrium 2, The Shoppes at Marina Bay Sands, 10 Bayfront Avenue Singapore 018955
Phone: 6688 7299

No comments:

Post a Comment