Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Cafe Hopping - The Hangar

After Mum's health screening appointment at Raffles Hospital, we decided to go to a nearby cafe for brunch. After seeing positive reviews for The Hangar on my food apps, I chose this cafe over the numerous other cafe options in the area.

From the Lunch menu, Mum picked the Kurobuta Ham Sandwich and I got the Lemongrass Steak Sandwich.

Kurobuta Ham Sandwich & Lemongrass Steak Sandwich

I didn't get to try Mum's sandwich but I did enjoy my own. Lemongrass grass fed steak, caramelised onions, shimeji mushrooms are sandwiched between two toasted slices of bread with homemade steak sauce. It was a tasty combination. I did not bother with the fork and knife given, but ate with my hands, biting into my sandwich with gusto.

I also ordered a special iced coffee concoction, a new invention by the cafe owners. It was their specialty drip coffee shaken with orange juice. The taste was...interesting. Not particularly tasty, but I would not say it was bad either. It was a good thirst quencher.

The friendly barista asked me for feedback on the orange coffee when I was paying and I could only offer a polite "interesting". The drinks menu also listed a couple of other unusual coffee inventions. Clearly the owners are passionate about experimenting with coffee.


The Hangar
Address: 25 Arab Street Singapore 199724
Phone: 6291 0127

No comments:

Post a Comment