Friday, May 15, 2015

Sweet Endings - Lickers

After our meal at Saturday House, we drove to Lickers, a new ice cream palour that opened up in the Hougang area, right next to Ciel Patisserie. I had learnt about the place from the 8 Day Eat App earlier in the week.

Lickers

The place is decked out in bright pops of colour, with cute hipster-chic framed posters on the walls. Stenciled on the concrete ground at the entrance of the cafe is the welcoming statement "Step in for licking good times".

Hipster Decor

There were interesting ice cream flavours on display, and the most interesting flavour had to be Yakult Oreo. I tried some of it and thought it was not too bad, but I did not get a full scoop of it. Instead, I picked Maple Latte (without trying), Mum got Mango Coconut and the little imp got Rockmelon Sorbet.

(From left) Maple Latte, Mango Coconut, Rockmelon Sorbet

I thought the consistency of the ice cream was smooth, but I found it to be a tad too sweet. For the Maple Latte, I would have preferred a stronger coffee flavour. Of the 3 flavours, I thought the Mango Coconut was the tastiest, with the sweet mango complemented by the fragrant coconut milk, much like a mango pudding. I am guessing the use of fresh Thai mangoes (which is in season now) is the reason why this is so tasty. The rockmelon sorbet is refreshing and also good, but again, I would have preferred it to be less sweet. A lighter hand with the sugar would have made this one even more palatable. 

The friendly owners handed us coupons which entitled us to 50cents off for our next visit (as pictured above). Considering a scoop of ice cream here costs $3.20, this is slightly more than 15% off your next scoop of icy treat.

I would be keen to return again to check out what other innovative flavours the owners introduce. Hopefully by my next visit, they would have tweaked their recipes and made their ice cream less sweet.


Lickers
Address: Blk 124 Hougang Avenue 1 #01-1446 Singapore 530124
Phone: 6284 7200

No comments:

Post a Comment