Saturday, May 2, 2015

Show Time - Backstreet Boys

BACKSTREET'S BACK, ALRIGHT!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D


That pretty much sums up my level of enthusiasm the entire night while watching the concert with S & J. On a side note, going for the concert signalled that it is already May. How did time fly back so fast? But it's okay...


Sorry, I could not resist.

The sold-out concert was held at The Star Theatre and the audience are mostly in their late 20s and 30s. But when the time came, everyone started screaming like overexcited teenagers (us included). 


The Backstreet Boys are conscious of their age and made passing jokes about it. Their synchronised dance moves were low impact but still endearing nonetheless. They came onstage playing instruments and performed some of their songs a capella midway through the concert.


When they performed songs from their latest album, In a World Like This, responses from the audience were lukewarm but still supportive. But as soon as the opening strains of their past hits start playing, the audience went crazy (us included). We had a great time singing along to songs like The Call, Shape of My Heart, Larger Than Life, I Want It That Way.


My only gripe is that the acoustics of the place was terrible. The music was so loud at some points of the concert that I had to raise my hands to my ears because it was so loud it hurt. 

Still, I had such a fantastic time with my homegirls. Ah, nostalgia. Oh, to be young(er) and carefree again.


Backstreet Boys
Event Date: Sat, 2 May 2015, 8pm
Venue: The Star Theatre

No comments:

Post a Comment