Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Show Time - SINGAPORE STRIPPED! A Comedy Roast of The Lion City

This was a shitty show. For lack of a better word. Really terrible.

Singapore Stripped!

HC and I could not believe we paid $31 each for the tickets to the show. There were other patrons of the bar who sat further at the back, but were subjected to the same bad jokes for free. We were mentally kicking ourselves when we realised we could have done that and saved ourselves some money. But then again, this is not a show that I would have watched even if it was free.

The jokes are tired and cliched, and the topics are unoriginal. If you are a Singaporean, you probably would have encountered the same jokes many times already. Most of the jokes just relied on Hokkien vulgarities and mean attacks on other nationalities that are not even funny. The entire show felt low-class and dated. While they did try to update the show with material regarding recent events, some of the slideshow materials and jokes have probably been in use since the early 90s.

The sole saving grace is that the show is presented in a bar, so we could at least drink alcohol to try to remove the bad taste the show was leaving. But the show was so bad that even though we downed 2 pints of beer each, it did not make it any funnier or our night any more enjoyable.

I can honestly say this is one of the worst performances I have ever had the misfortune of enduring. I told HC I blame her for suggesting we watch this show. If you are reading this, know that you owe me an hour of my life I'll never get back.


Singapore Stripped! A Comedy Roast of The Lion City
Event Date: Wed, 1 Apr - Sat, 25 July 2015, 8.30pm (Wed & Sat only)
Venue: Paulaner Clarke Quay

No comments:

Post a Comment