Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Dining Out - Yayoiken

Before going for the comedy show, HC and I went to Yayoiken at Liang Court for dinner. This Japanese restaurant chain is popular and well-reviewed because they serve tasty Japanese set meals at prices that do not break the bank.

I got the Saba Shio set which costs only $9.90, which is a steal compared to other Japanese restaurants. HC got the Nasu Miso & Hokke Teishouku ($15.90), which has a portion of grilled hokke fish and a stir-fry of egg plant, green peppers and thin pork slices in miso sauce.

Saba Shio Set

I enjoyed my Saba Shio set. The mackerel was cooked perfectly, with the skin crisp and the flesh juicy and tender. The accompanying miso soup was not too salty and easy to drink. I stole a few bites from HC's selection and found her choice to be tasty too.

This is a great place to grab a healthy Japanese meal without burning a hole in the wallet. I can predict I will become a regular patron of this chain of restaurants.


Yayoiken (Liang Court)
Address: #B1-50, Liang Court, 177 River Valley Road Singapore 179030
Phone: 6338 7170

No comments:

Post a Comment