Monday, March 30, 2015

Cafe Hopping - Brunches Cafe

I went to try out Brunches Cafe located along Rangoon Road. The cafe was decorated whimsically with vintage items displayed all around. There were showpiece seats such as painted cushioned barrels and a sawed up car with the hood functioning as an utensils station.

Whimsical Decor

Wooden Birdhouse Lights

I ordered the Sous Vide Eggs and a cappuccino.

Sous Vide Eggs

Two perfectly runny eggs were immersed in a kombu mushroom broth and accompanied by a slice of crispy toasted bread. I broke both yolks and mixed it into the broth and used it as a dip for the toast. It was pretty tasty but a grouse I have is that the broth could be hotter since the chilled sous vide eggs made the broth barely warm.

Cappuccino

The generous cup of cappuccino was visually pleasing, but I did not enjoy the slightly acidic aftertaste. From the speed at which they served my coffee after I placed my order, I guess they prepared this from coffee they had brewed and left standing for a while instead of using fresh grounds to prepare the coffee. 

Luckily Old Hen Coffee Bar was just a stone's throw away, so I walked over and bought a bottle of their delicious Cold Brew to bring home to savour and satisfy my coffee craving.


Brunches Cafe
Address: 96 Rangoon Road Singapore 218381




No comments:

Post a Comment