Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Dining Out - Sprigs

SC & I made plans to watch Titoudao. Since the play was staged at the Drama Centre Theatre at the National Library, we decided to grab dinner at Sprigs located at Purvis Street.

We each ordered the 3-Course Dinner Set ($48.90+) and I chose the Salmon Carpaccio as my starter, Australian Kobe Cuisine Wagyu Steak & Frites as my main and dessert was a slice of Hojicha Cheesecake.

Salmon Carpaccio

This was a light and refreshing starter.The slices of salmon were doused in citrus dressing and topped with shaved radish, julienned onions, sweet orange wedges and greens. Since I was famished, I finished everything in less than 2 minutes.

Australian Kobe Cuisine Wagyu Steak & Frites

Doused in a piquant black pepper sauce, the steak was good since it was cooked medium rare as I had requested. 

Hojicha Cheesecake

It would have been nice if there were more choices for dessert, but there was only one option which was the Hojicha Cheesecake. It was alright, an interesting take on the traditional cheesecake. But since I have never been a fan of cheesecakes, I did not feel completely satisfied even though I was close to bursting after scarfing it down. 

I must highlight that the service was excellent. The servers were warm and helpful, and I do not recall an instance when my glass of iced water was empty since they topped it up unobtrusively at regular intervals.

According to the owner (I presume) who spoke to us, they do an affordable set lunch for $14.90+. It is definitely worth checking out if you are working in the area since the food is decent and the service is great. 


Sprigs
Address: 12 Purvis Street Singapore 188591
Phone: 6338 5844


No comments:

Post a Comment