Thursday, March 19, 2015

Dining Out - Ristorante Amarone

S, J & I went to the restaurant earlier to wait for M to come from work. The friendly staff sat us at our reserved table and served us iced water to sip on while we wait.

From the set menu, I ordered the Burrata con pachino e melone (Mixed salad with burrata cheese, cherry tomatoes and melon) as my appetizer, the Costolette di agnello al ginepro (Juniper lamb T-bone in red wine reduction) as my main course and a scoop of chocolate gelato as dessert.

Burrata Con Pachino E Melone

The burrata cheese was very yummy. The accompanying cherry tomatoes were juicy and the melon slices sweet. When I compare it to the appetizer I had at Ristorante Takada, it is obvious to me that this place used ingredients of better quality than that place.

Costolette Di Agnello Al Ginepro

The tender lamb chops were cooked to perfection. I ordered a glass of Chianti to pair with the course and it boosted my enjoyment of the dish. Lamb is a tricky meat to prepare in my opinion and the restaurant has done good with this dish.

Chocolate Gelato & Black Coffee

The chocolate gelato was good, dotted with white and milk chocolate balls which were tasty and crunchy. And a strong black illy coffee to wash it all down.

The place has great ambience and the staff is friendly and attentive. When J requested for an alternative main course since neither option listed was to her liking, they obliged gladly at no extra charge.

Most importantly, it was a night of good food and great conversation with close friends. :)

It had been a while since we were able to meet with M since she is so busy with work and training.

When M sent us home afterwards, we were excitedly making plans in her car, already looking forward to April when V is visiting Singapore and the 5 of us will be reunited once more! 


Ristorante Amarone
Address: 168 Robinson Road, Capital Tower, Singapore 068912
Phone: 6423 0464

No comments:

Post a Comment