Saturday, March 21, 2015

Dining Out - Wooloomooloo Steakhouse

Restaurant Week lunch with J today at Wooloomooloo Steakhouse. We were both excited to try the place since we had heard good things about it.

I chose the Thinly Sliced Australian Veal Fillet as my appetizer, paid a $8 supplement to upgrade my steak to a USDA Prime Rib Eye and got the Dark Chocolate Mousse for dessert.

Onion Bread

The complimentary onion bread served to us warm was fluffy, fragrant and tasty. 

Thinly Sliced Australian Veal Fillet

The veal fillet slices were topped with cherry tomatoes, rocket leaves and a creamy tuna-caper dressing. I regretted my choice since I did not particularly like this dish.

USDA Prime Rib Eye

The Prime Rib Eye steak was done medium-rare and served with herb butter, and sides of Caesar salad and roasted rosemary potatoes. This was absolutely delicious, proving yet again that a good cut of steak cooked perfectly can never go wrong.

I had ordered a glass of Malbec to enjoy with my steak. What surprised me was that they did not bother to show me the bottle but instead just brought me a glass of red that had already been poured. This is not acceptable service for a fine-dining establishment especially when they are charging more than $18 a glass alone.

Dark Chocolate Mousse

The Dark Chocolate Mousse was served  atop a feuilletine base with a sliver of candied orange peel as garnish, and sliced bananas atop chocolate soil by the side. It was so-so, nothing remarkable.

Overall, food wise, the well-prepared steak was the redeeming factor for the place. 
I would also not recommend ordering wine at the place for the reason stated earlier. You are probably better off going to a Wine Connection outlet and paying slightly more for a full bottle and getting better service.


Wooloomooloo Steakhouse
Address: 2 Stamford Road, Level 3 Swissotel The Stamford Singapore 178882
Phone: 6338 0261

No comments:

Post a Comment