Thursday, March 12, 2015

Cafe Hopping - Shrove Tuesday

I returned to Shrove Tuesday to try out their signature waffle and I am glad I did. I ordered the waffle topped with Pistachio and Snickers Ice Cream and this is one cafe where their waffle is far superior to their ice cream.

Waffle with Pistachio & Snickers Ice Cream

The waffle was light, crispy on the outside but airy and fluffy inside. This makes it possible to finish the entire waffle without feeling jelak. I was not too impressed with the ice cream though. I have had better versions of Pistachio ice cream elsewhere and the Snickers ice cream tasted more like peanut ice cream. To better mimic the Snickers flavour, I thought it needed more chocolate.

My Taste in Pancakes are the Same as my Taste in Men

Next time I return to this cafe, I might just order the waffle plain without any ice cream. It tastes good enough on its own with the chocolate syrup drizzle.


Shrove Tuesday
Address: Blk 94 Toa Payoh Lorong 4 #01-32 Singapore 310094
Phone: 6258 2254

No comments:

Post a Comment