Saturday, March 14, 2015

Cafe Hopping - Seriously Ice Cream

G, Z & I decided to get dessert at another cafe and after wandering around the Everton Park estate, we found ourselves at Seriously Ice Cream.

We were served by a warm and friendly co-owner who was eager to tell us about the ice cream, how it was made fresh in small batches without preservatives or artificial flavours. He was nice enough to let us sample the different flavours, but first he started us off with a Mystery flavour that would win us a free scoop of ice cream if we got it right within 10 tries.

With the first small spoonful, I knew that the ice cream here was not for me. Because it was way too milky and I personally cannot stand the taste of fresh milk. I tried the Pandan Kaya flavour and also found the fresh milk flavour too overpowering. Since we already decided to share a waffle, I told the ladies to pick whatever ice cream they prefer and just walked away from the ice cream counter since I was not keen to try more.

Waffle with Ice Cream

As I was not too involved in picking out the ice cream flavours, I don't remember what flavour the pink one was but the brown one was Salted Caramel. I did not eat much of the ice cream, but I enjoyed the dense crispy waffle. 

The place was also a retail store displaying a hodgepodge of hipster items curated by the owners. All in all, it was an interesting cafe and I would recommend it to people if they love their ice cream creamy and milky, but it is sadly not the place for me to get my sweet kicks.


Seriously Ice Cream
Address: Blk 4 Everton Park #01-44 Singapore 080004
Phone: 9621 6889

No comments:

Post a Comment